How to Sell Your Work
For anyone curious about making the leap to selling their art/work and building a creative business at any level. Join Allison Reaves (of The General Public) and Kelly Schirmann (of OMO Studio) for a two-hour creative workshop and info session on how to make the jump. We will discuss the basics of wholesale and retail relationships, how to plan your creative offerings, and best practices on querying shops about carrying your work. This event brings together the unique perspectives of both artists and shop owners for a session of planning, dreaming, and bringing the work of your dreams toward fruition. Participants will leave this session with an in-depth understanding of ways to sell their work, plan and develop a creative revenue stream, and envision building a creative business.
Thursday, June 1st
5-7pm at The General Public
- Light refreshments
- Very cute WORK/SHOP notebook + pencil
- Workbook of info + writing prompts
- In-depth information about how to sell your work to shops (wholesale, commission, consignment), online (retail), at fairs or trade shows, etc, including concrete steps on how to get yourself prepared.
- Opportunities to connect and network with other artists
- Writing prompts to get you in the zone
- Workshop-style Q&A with experienced artists/makers in intimate atmosphere